A healthy habit. No.1: Lemon Water



One thing I have almost mastered is having half a liter of warm lemon juice with water every morning, it is a great way to start the day. If you're used to having your morning latte this might be a challenge for you. Every morning when I wake up, before breakfast, I boil some water and squeeze half or a full lemon. I have been doing this for a couple of months already. 

First benefit I have noticed is that I have clearer skin, ok this may be due to other factors but I am sure lemon water has helped since it is full of antioxidants. It detoxifies your body and you look more radiant if you have it in a regular basis. 

It has helped me cut caffeine, suddenly I don't crave that morning latte, it is a refreshing way to start the day. It also provides energy but not in the same way coffee does and you don't have to deal with a caffeine crash later on the day. 

Helps to eat clean, I just feel that if I start my day right I'm less likely to eat unhealthy foods after. 

Another great thing is that it is very versatile, I like to have it warm with water in the morning but you can also take it with you in a water bottle with some ice. 
You can also mix warm lemon juice with honey which will also help if you have a sore throat.

If you're trying to detox your body this is a great way to start, let me know if you do this already of planning to!


xxx

comments powered by Disqus