Chanel Haute Couture 2014




If you're into fashion, you adore Haute Couture. It's an unspoken rule. Yet some collections stand out above any others. This has been the case for yesterdays Chanel Haute Couture 2014. It is like a dream to me. A fairytale come true at the Grand Palais in Paris.

Haute Couture "is an islet of dreams and escapism. It's high luxury that transcends fashion and is timeless." 


Personally, I think that the most special thing from this show were the shoes. Albeit made by the specialty atelier Massaro, and elevated by applications of lace, tulle or beading. Absolutely stunning. 










Here are some of my favourite looks:















Exquisite fabrics embroidered or hand loomed and aglow with iridescent, transparent, holographic effect. A mesmerizing collection, described as a "futuristic nightclub", how much do I wish there was any night club as impeccable as the Grand Palais? I cannot tell.

Karl Lagerfeld has proven to us that couture can be versatile, active while remaining consummately couture.

I can't end this post without mentioning the makeup look, the holographic glitter looked stunning. I am leaving the details for another post though. I will be soon posting my interpretation to it and I will adapt it to every day life makeup. 



Lots of love

Maria 

xxx


Disclaimer, pictures from this post do not belong to me. 
comments powered by Disqus