Courage for the week no.3. On success




This quote is more personal than many others I have and will post because it is actually one of the quotes I do live by. 

I didn't always know what I wanted to do, but I knew the kind of woman I wanted to be. That takes time to build, I know.  When I was 15 I decided I was going to go to boarding school, which I had always wanted to. I absolutely loved where I lived and I had all my friends and family and everything was just so comfortable but I knew that at the end of the day that wasn't my place. I wanted something bigger, to get out of my comfort zone. I have always been very ambitious. 

My initial idea was to go to a top University in the UK but of course I was 15 and you can't plan your life at that age, I don't think you should anyway and I realize now that, even at 19 I don't think it is good to schedule your entire life. Enjoy the present being conscious of the future of course.

When I got to the UK, my grades were not at good as they were back home, not even close, my living situation was very hard compared to what I was used to and at the beginning making new fresh friendships did not work out so well either, neither did my first relationship (not that I was expecting that to work out ha ha.) 

I got to this point where I knew I had to do something because I was loosing all of my motivation. I even considered going back home after two years but big but I did not want to give up. I knew I would regret it. 

I wanted to be the best at something I truly enjoyed and stood out for. I had set my goal to go to the best University and I finally made it. No, I'm not in a highly academic British University. I am starting soon at the best International Hospitality Management School in the world. From this past three years I have learnt a couple of very important lessons. After all this ramble and if you have made it through I congratulate you, I will leave you with these thoughts. 


Don't give up on something you know you really want because you will regret it every single day of your entire life, I does not matter how long it will take you to accomplish it. If you know you have the slimmest change to reach your goal, pursue it. 



You might have thought you knew what you wanted but it is ok to change thoughts because as time goes by you get to know yourself better and what is best for you. 



Don't beat yourself too hard if things are not working out, if you work hard enough you will get there, sooner or later. The road to success is bumpy. 
ddd





There is a successful person inside all of us, don't be afraid of being ambitious and don't conform with the easy. 

Today I'm leaving you with a few other related quotes ... I hope you have a lovely week. Let me know if you have a favourite success quote :) 


"Let no feeling of discouragement prey upon you, and in the end you are sure to succeed." - Abraham Lincoln

"If you're not willing to risk the usual you will have to settle for the ordinary." - Jim Rohn

"Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it". - Maya Angelou

"Success is walking from failure to failure with not loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill 

"People are not lazy. They simply have important goals - that is, goals that do not inspire them." - Tony Robbins 

"Failure defeats losers, failure inspires winner." - Robert T. Kiyosaki

"As long as you're going to be thinking anyway, think big." - Donald Trump

"If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work." - Thomas J Watson

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison 

"The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vidal Sassoon 

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily." - Zig Zaglar 

"The more you loose yourself in something bigger than yourself, the more energy you will have." - Norman Vincent Peale

Have a lovely week 
xxx


comments powered by Disqus