Lush Haul, Reviews & Storing tips

A couple of days ago I went to Lush, I personally love the smell but I will agree with you that I can be a bit overpowering first time you go in. Their products are a dream to me and I could spend HOURS in there and a lot of money as well... 

Their products are 100% vegetarian, 83% vegan, vegan, 60% unpreserved and 38% naked (no packing). Most importantly for me is that they're not loaded with nasty chemicals (mineral oils or parabens) which in the past year I have been trying to avoid. They're also handmade and fairtrade. 

I have tried a very decent amount of their products including all of their dry shampoos, yes, every single one, but I will leave that for another post and none of them have failed to me, ever. I can say I am faithful to Lush. Another thing I love is that all of their products smell clean, with some organic brands it is very hard getting use to their scents, not with Lush. 

From left to right: Avobath, American Cream, Buffy (x2), Sultana of Soap (top) and Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment (x2)





Avobath is a green citrus bath bomb to cheer the spirits and feed thirsty skin. It reminds me of spring days, green grass with daisies and fresh linen, very uplifting. Made with lemongrass and bergamot oils to pick you up and to tackle dryness, fresh avocado butter is one of the top ingredients along with olive oil*.


There are not many things I enjoy more than having a bath, I just love them, some candles, music, tea and a book  after some exercise outdoors would be part of a perfect Friday evening, just the right thing you would expect from a 19 year old... ;) 




American Cream, strawberry vanilla milkshake scented, just amazing, it lingers in your hair but not too much, just enough. It conditions your hair without weighting it down although it is thick, just like a milkshake :) The first ingredient they list is honey water and it also contains fresh strawberries*. I have the 500g bottle but if you just want to try it you can always ask for a sample or buy the 100g version. You won't regret it. 





Buffy, this is the second time I have purchased this product although it lasts a long time. There are two sizes and the one you see in the picture is the big one. This time I got one for me and one for my mum as part of her birthday, so If I am giving it as a gift it must be very good. It is a solid exfoliating body butter, amazing for sensitive dry skin since it is not too harsh and moisturizers as it is full of lovely butters such as cocoa and shea butter* and at the same time it exfoliates with ground rice and almonds. It melts with the warmth of your body. It does leave a residue on the skin so I recommend to use this one at night unless you don't mind the sensation. If you use it when you shower the next morning you will wake up with dewy glowing skin, I use it all over my body. Unlike the rest of the products in this haul it doesn't have a strong scent, mostly of cocoa and shea butter.
I recommend getting a tin box for this as they melt very easily and keep it dry as well.  









Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment, this is the first time I have bought this product and haven't tried it yet but it smelled so amazingly sweet and the colour was so pretty that I had to get two. If marshmallows were combined with rainbow marshmallows and hard strawberry candy, the one we had in the 90s' which was powder sugar and more sugar and even more sugar pressed in a stick form, had it for the first time when I was 11 in Whitby, UK, had a stronger scent this would be it but you can't eat this kind. Of course it contains marshmallow powder as one of the ingredients*. 
I can't wait to try it! 















Last but definitely not least, Sultana of Soap, the soap of the soaps I dare to say.  I absolutely love this product, it is indulgent but not at a ridiculous price. It, again, smells like clean, it reminds me a bit of Savon de Marseille, very uplifting, right up my alley!
 You buy this in chunks, you choose the size and they cut it for you. I agree it is not the prettiest one but you should never judge a book by its cover, right? 
It contains dry currants, apricots, cranberries*.  









One thing I have been doing since I started to buy Lush products is that when I get them, because they are not packaged apart from a paper bag, I put them in my draws and all my clothes smell amazing! Keep them there until I use them. 


Their Valentine's Day collection is already in the stores and there are a couple of things I want to try. I will be traveling and moving countries that same day, lets say this new experience will be my Valentine 


Hope you have a lovely weekend. I would love to know which are your favourite Lush products :)




*For a full list of ingredients please visit their website, if you click on the name of the product it will take you to their page and specific products.





comments powered by Disqus