Saving for a handbag...


So its been a while since I've wanted a good luxury handbag, useless you might argue, but they have got this magnet that is getting stronger and stronger. So to welcome this week I am doing a run through of some of my favourite bags!

I've set myself the following goal: I will own a handbag I love in a year. So I give myself 365 days, two sales in between, half a year interning, where I will hopefully save some money, and several seasons to accomplish my goal. Very superficial, I know.

Don't get me wrong, I am not greedy. I don't own a dozen handbags and I don't take money for granted. I am very grateful because in the past year I have been able to start a little collection of higher end accessories, shall I do a post about it?

I'm going to write a small list of possible options for my next splurge, because I would say 90% of my life is in lists...

Before starting I want to set a few parameters and yet another list:

  • I want a small/medium bag because otherwise it will turn to Mary Poppins bag, no doubt. 
  • Cross body.
  • Black leather is what I am after but I am open to anything. 
  • I have to fall head over heels for it.
  • I do accept any donations ;)


1. Céline Luggage Tote





Céline is a classic. This bag is their luggage tote for spring 2014. I have never been a great fan of baby blue however, the combination with the dark bottle green and black attracts me, a lot. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the mini size is worth around 1,800 euro? 

I love this colour but I am not sure if spring 2014 is a realistic goal for meeting my desires. Their permanent collection is equally gorgeous and would never say no to a plain black luggage tote.

I have seen Chiara Ferragni from The Blonde Salad with the mini version and it looks adorable. 



























2. Chanel

Timeless. Chanel bags will never go out of style. My two preferred choices are Chanel Boy or the classic 2.55. I am yet to meet a woman who doesn't like one of these bags.


They are more pricey than Céline, that is something to consider. However, it is Chanel, it is the ultimate bag to own.

2.55 model probably their most famous one comes in different sizes as well, in this case I would prefer getting a larger one. Caviar leather would be my preferred choice since smooth leather is it easier to scratch and with silver hardware.

These are some other colours:




















Boy, oh Boy! Have you seen how absolutely gorgeous it is? Even in velvet! I loooove velvet!
The only issue I see with velvet is that is more wintery than a normal leather.
I have seen a nude version of it on their website now, which seems better for all year round but I'm afraid it's too delicate.

Black again is gorgeous.



Probably the most timeless bags ever.













3. Givenchy










Givenchy's Antigona satchel is everywhere! I love this bag very much. However, it is not great for keeping my OCD at bay, maybe because it is not flat and has no pockets.


I've seen Rosie Huntington-Whitely carrying it in a über beautiful green shade, Miranda Kerr has been spotted several times with the black one and a few other celebs.

It has two straps but none of them is long enough to wear it as a cross body bag. I don't think it would look nice because of the shape of the bag anyway. Again this bag is just under 2,000 euro.













Yet again, another lovely model from Givenchy.

Other lovely bags:




















To wrap everything up. My first choice would be the caviar leather with silver hardware from Chanel and second choice a Céline luggage tote either in baby blue/gree or black.


Let me know which of all these is your favourite or any others that I didn't feature in this post.

I wanted to make a disclaimer that I do not own pictures from this post.

Thank you for reading & I hope you have an amazing week.

xxx

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Celine tote, and I think a bag can be something timeless and classic to reward yourself with for hard work! I love it in black, as shown on pinkpeonies. love your blog btw :)

    http://studentbeautyspace.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
comments powered by Disqus