1. Be nice to yourself. Think positively about yourself and others. There is this law called the law of attraction, The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, explains you all about it. Basically if you have positive thoughts you will attract happiness and good things will happen to you. I really recommend that book.
Lisa Kleypas wrote in Love in the Afternoon: "You are your own worst enemy. If you can learn to stop expecting impossible perfection, in yourself and others, you may find the happiness that has always eluded you"
2. Purge on negativity. Purge negative people from your life too. The law of attraction also works the opposite way, if you have negative thoughts, don't expect great things to happen. Positivity is the key.
"If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely" - Roald Dahl
Lets just take a minute to appreciate how beautiful this quote is. Please.
3. Make "me" time. Picture a relaxing situation on your own and make it happen. Personally, a bath with essential oils, a good book and tea or a walk in the forest. Treat yourself to some time on your own doing something you enjoy because it is very healthy. You have to love your own company.
"It is very healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not be defined by another person" - Olivia Wilde
4. Be thankful.
"Be thankful for what you have: you will end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough" - Oprah Winfrey
5. Start & finish your day positively. Wake up with a plan to feel motivated during the day and go to bed happy because you have achieved it. A beautiful day starts with a beautiful mindset.
"You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction"
- George Lorimer
I am planning to write a post on the importance of a good morning and night routine soon :)
6. Disconnect. Don't turn on your phone as soon as the alarm goes off, I know your phone is probably your alarm but restrain yourself from checking your emails when you're still in bed, same thing at night. Try to go to sleep reading a book or listening to some music instead of connected to the internet.
Get offline. Free your mind. go outside. Look up at the sky. Take in the beauty of the real world. Exchange a smile. Reclaim free time. Update your state, not your status. Disconnect to reconnect.