Update on my life.




It has been almost two months since I haven't posted anything so before getting back on track I thought I'd update you on what has been going on my life all these weeks. 

On the 14th of February I moved to Switzerland. Spent the first weekend in Geneva before coming to Lausanne, where I study university at the Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne, known as EHL. In case you're wondering I am doing the Preparatory Year leading to the Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management. 

It has been an incredible few weeks. All new people from all over the world, here everyone is entitled to a fresh start. Even though the majority of people didn't know each other before coming here it is surprising how everyone fits. 

Between hours working in the kitchen, service, banqueting, lectures, french lessons and a lot of sleepless nights out followed by tired mornings I haven't found time to write. Even now I find myself typing in a lecture... 

I have had the time to try a lot of new things and I am planning to write a personal travel guide for my blog particularly about Lausanne and places I visit. I have also been doing a fair amount of gourmet shopping, just a great excuse to update you and share them with you. 

I had already lived a few years away from home but university is a complete different story to boarding school thus I have learnt important life lessons and experiences in such a short amount of time which have given me inspiration for new posts. 

I am going home in a few days where I hope I will be doing my spring shopping and fill my wardrobe with white, pastels and bright colours again!

This is all for today, I'll leave you with a picture with my lovely roommate and I and I hope you can join me in my new life in Switzerland by reading my blog.

Best wishes & much love 

xxx

Maria 


PS: I finally find myself finalizing this post by the sun on a glorious spring day, hope you're having a lovely weekend 


comments powered by Disqus