Shang Xia


I'm going to take advantage (if I can say that...) of the fact that I am ill and been in bed for the last roughly 40 hours and write a post that I really hope it makes sense...

I spent a few months in Shanghai last year and my favourite store, without a doubt, was Shang Xia.

You might have heard of it before, it actually is a sister brand of the French company Hermès. It is based in Asia with stores in Shanghai, Beijing and also Paris. 

Their philosophy is based on Chinese heritage and craftsmanship. Paying tribute to traditional Chinese culture and bringing it to the 21st century. 

The design of the actual store is perfect, very clean and modern with abstract shapes. Basically the entire brand is a design dream.

Customer service is exceptional. You get offered pu-Erh-Tee in one of their tea sets when you enter the store where there is a craftsman making them by hand. I was lucky enough to be the first person who entered their flagship in Shanghai last October.

I purchased this ring from their garden collection which I have worn every day since. I find it absolutely gorgeous, of course.



xxx

comments powered by Disqus